Beta 3 Release Candidate
- Follow the instructions on the page Mercurial, however at the second step,
- hg clone -r master glob2 glob2-master
- hg clone -r beta3-rc glob2 glob2-beta3-rc
And when updating the release candidate, do
- hg pull -r beta3-rc http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2/
- hg update tip
- This release candidate introduced SCons as the autotools/make replacement. To use scons, simply type
- scons CXXFLAGS="-g"
- In Ubuntu, you might want to satisfy some dependencies:
- sudo apt-get install scons libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libboost-thread-dev
The CXXFLAGS adjustment is to aid with testing. Run glob2 with
- gdb ./src/glob2
- >> run
In the glob2-beta3-rc directory. One still needs to use ./syncmaps and ./syncdata to get the maps and images.
- This release candidate includes a number of features that have destroyed backwards compatibility. Old maps and game saves are *supposed* to be ignored but they aren't always. If your maps and game saves aren't automatically ignored (and cause some sort of crash), put in bug report with all console output. This includes information that you get when typing the following into the console (after the crash), at the gdb terminal:
- >> bt
This will help us greatly.
- Translations are almost all out of date except for the English translation, so if you are a translator and willing to help, best make your updates to the translations before the release candidate finishes.