The site and the forum need a contact page. There is no form to contact the webmaster or board administrator.
The dates on this page are a bit confusing for those of us who are not used to DD-MM-YYYY. Perhaps the international standard of YYYY-MM-DD would help clarify things?
There is no download for the Mac. You will probably get very few Mac OS X players (unless they want to try compiling the source, or using DarwinPorts).
Game Fixes or Potential Issues
I don't think the overlay navigation bar is usefull. I think it is better to have a good and clean sidebar than additional navigation tools.
--Nct 16:02, 19 November 2005 (PST)
- Overlay navigation bar ? Ion bidon 16:13, 9 February 2006 (PST)
I set a few areas to be offlimits for my units and later wanted to undo this. How do you take away areas marked as offlimits?
- Maybe I don't quite get what you mean by "offlimits", but areas can be removed with the "remove" brush. The "add" brush is default and the "remove" brush can be chosen under the selection of clearing/guar/forbidden. For more infos on Flags please look here. --Giszmo
- The tutorial stopped telling me what to do halfway through it. I think it gave me a command that i missed and it was waiting for me to do it. Anyway I missed the part about using flags. I thought the flags would toggle and I could not figure out how to remove a flag that I set. Last night i found the remove flag brush. Thanks. Btw maybe it might be a good idea to have some way of reading the history of the tutorial info given. Meaning the last things that were told to you in the tutorial, or can we already do that?
I am a little confused on resources. You need wheat for the swarm to produce more units right? So swarms go near wheat. Trees are needed to build stuff but if you do not need anymore buildings do you need any trees (i am not talking about fruit trees). Also is stone and algae needed if you do not want to build more buildings? Also is there a optimal number of units to be assigned to a swarm to produce the most number of units?
- Stone is needed to fill defence towers with bullets and building, algaes and trees are needed only to building. Optimal number of units assigned to the swarm depends to the distance of the nearest wheat - if it's very close 3 is enough, mid-range 4-6, longer 7+ but not more than 12... except you don't have any wheat in range of 2 screens (1240x1024).
--Zenfur 19:15 CET 20.03.2010
Was the new theme ever tested on IE? It's breaking the usability!
Having IE6 here at work I wondered if the new theme has ever been tested on IE at all. I assumed it considering the length of the skin-related thread on the ML. Now I can say:
- don't use png(alpha-transparency). It's cool (really!) but not on IE
- Text is white on grey! That's barely readable. Sorry I have no time now to figure out, why. Ok, I had: transbg.png is the reason so again it's IE's incapability to display png correctly. a solution would be to make this pic's gray black and adjust the alpha accordingly. site would look ugly in IE but one could read it.
I don't demand optimization for IE. If that makes some people switch to FF that's fine. We simply shouldn't render the site unusable for IE as many of our customers still use it.
lock on main page?
- IMHO even the main page should not be exclusively to sysops (as i am not one of them :)
- seriously: mediawiki has finer mechanisms than total block or not. can't you limit access to those already registered more than a year/month/... ? Normally we revert spam within houres anyways.
- Giszmo 04:42, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
- I took protection off for brad, and forgot to put it back when he finished. Within 24 hours we had our homepage spammed (erased and replaced complety). Until ApplaBoy (Kyle) upgrades the wiki, it will remain protected. --k776 05:15, 2 August 2007 (EDT)
- So if you will not grant me access to edit the main page please review it yourself. There is no point in keeping spam in our news section stating to have removed it before. What was that for anyways?? --Giszmo 06:21, 2 October 2007 (EDT)
- I've made it sop only registered users can edit the page now. Contact AppleBoy if problems arise with spam. Last wiki edit for a while. See devel mailing list for reason. Kind regards, Kieran. k776 04:51, 4 October 2007 (EDT)