Changes since 0.9.4 (not released)
Changes in 0.9.5.0
- Replay Feature
- Many translations updated
- new Finnish, Farsi and Esperanto translation
- Removed compiler warnings
- Speed of unit upgrades depends on the count of levels to upgrade. pre-trained units train faster to a certain level.
- slight changes to the forbidden/guard/clearing area gfx
- USL something
- Off-Screen-Units get displayed when they are selected
- an Ajax Website based on Ext-JS to do the translations is in the making
- The default map list has been updated with more recent and overall better maps.
Changes in 0.9.4.5
- 0.9.4.4 was not compatible to head of the beta4-branch that was made to compile with latest changes in gcc breaking compatibility. 0.9.4.5 fixes that.
Changes in 0.9.4.4
- The scons scripts have been updated to reflect the proper version
- the scons script for creating the mac .dmg file has had the hardcoded version numbers changed to use the variables
- the YOG lobby will now show IRC users too
Changes in 0.9.4.3
- A rare bug would cause the game to crash. it has been fixed.
Changes in 0.9.4.2
- There were 2 bugs that would cause the editor to crash. They have been fixed.
Changes in 0.9.4.1
- Tutorial 3 was corrupted and would cause the game to crash. Tutorial 3 was fixed.
Changes in 0.9.4 (released 20090201)
- Right side menu width ingame and in the map editor was increased
- New priority system which allows the player to choose which buildings and flags will receive units first
- When you click on a building, it now tells you why no one is able to come to work at it (unavailable, too far away etc)
- Game chat has been separted from game messages, so players messages (tutorial or in YOG) won't get lost.
- Many adjustments to the properties of buildings and units to better balance gameplay
- Ability to CTRL+Click and drag to place a string of the selected building (useful for walls)
- A new Other Options page in Custom Games and YOG pregame setup which includes
- The ability for game creators to make a map prediscovered to all players
- The ability for game creators to turn off prestige wins
- The ability for game creators to lock teams
- Removed 'AI' from the names of the AI players (shorter)
- Added a mission description to the campaign system
- New mission objectives system (set in the map editor, with SGSL commands to show/hide them)
- New AI description screen for new players that don't know their difficulties
- New mission hints system (set in the map editor)
- Ability to highlight certain game elements in a map script (such as those used in the tutorial)
- Brand new random map generation engine, which will be used eventually to make and play random maps on the fly from Custom Game / YOG screens
- Ability to tab between certain form elements (such as YOG login screen)
- Added optional implementation of voice chat using port audio (stable and working, will fall back to the old self written voice handling if port audio is not present)
- Add new -router code, so people can create a router through which game commands are 'routed' (reduce lag if two players live next door for example). Complete with remote administrative interface.
- A new map distribution system which allows
- Upload of new maps by their creators moments after finishing the map
- Community rating system to sort maps by rating
- Download of maps where you can get the maps you want quickly and easily
- A new pregame alliances system where you can set alliances which cannot be changed ingame
- A new "I Am Ready" button to prevent game makers from starting before all players are ready
- A new YOG options screen for players to block insulting players
- Tab system for changing between lobby, options, download maps and pregame screens without having to quit to go to the other.
- YOG Administrators can now ban players in various ways, or mute them for a set amount of time
- Ability to set YOG moderators (limited YOG administrative permissions)
- Ability to see a players score (displayed when you click a name of an online YOG player)
- Ability to message alliances members by prefixing your messages with /a
- Ability to message a specific member by prefixing the message with /[playername]
- Adjustments to latency system for smoother online gaming
- New -test-map-gen option, to continuously make maps until the generator crashes (used for stability like -test-games[-nox])
- Lots of other behind the scenes changes for speed, stability, usability and interactivity
- Lots of bug fixes
- Moved AUTHORS to data/authors.txt so it will get included in distribution releases
For changes older than these, please check out the Older Changes page.